"Outside a dog a book is man's best friend, inside a dog it is too dark to read!" -Groucho Marx========="The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid." -Jane Austen========="I don’t believe in the kind of magic in my books. But I do believe something very magical can happen when you read a good book."-JK Rowling========"I spend a lot of time reading." -Bill Gates=========“Ahhh. Bed, book, kitten, sandwich. All one needed in life, really.” -Jacqueline Kelly=========

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Reread favorite books


I just finished rereading Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.  Earlier in the summer I reread the third book in the Chronicles of Narnia series The Voyage of the Dawn Treader. I decided to reread both of these books because of their up-coming movies.  Both books are magical and I was surprised how much I had forgotten since I last read them each.  The movie for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Pt. 1 comes out Nov. 18th. The Voyage of the Dawn Treader will be out December 10th. I recommend rereading (or reading) them before the movies come out.

PS-If you haven't read the Chronicles of Narnia yet I suggest that you read them in the order that C.S. Lewis wrote them, not the order that the publisher presents them.  1. The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe; 2. Prince Caspian; 3. The Voyage of the Dawn Treader; 4. The Silver Chair; 5. A Horse and His Boy; 6.  The Magician's Nephew (prequel); 7. The Last Battle. So far this is the same order as the movies.

What books have your reread lately?  What do you like about rereads?

 

2 comments:

  1. I rarely re-read books, but when I do, it's because of the beautiful language or the way they make me feel. (comfort reading)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes it backfires rereading books you love. I did that with Rebecca by Daphne DuMaurier. I loved it when I read it back in college but the reread revealed it as not the wonder book I remembered. I do have to reread Jane Austen books and Narnia book, however, and they are always good.

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments and interactions! Join in the conversation.