|The Broke and the Bookish|
The Top Ten Books I Can't Believe I've Never Read
1. Anything by Charles Dickens...I've only read David Copperfield when I was in 6th grade (so that hardly counts), and of course, A Christmas Carol. All others I've not read.
2. Lord of the Flies by William Golding...I think every kid has to read this in high school and somehow I escaped.
3. East of Eden by John Steinbeck... many people have told me that this is their favorite book.
4. Beloved by Toni Morrison...this book shows up on the Top 100 Books of all-time and she is a living author. I must, must, must get to it.
5. Brave New World by Aldous Huxley.... see #2
6. A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams...everyone in my generation has read this but me, I think.
7. The Color Purple by Alice Walker...I'm not even sure if I know the storyline.
8. Frankenstein by Mary Shelley...OK, this is starting to feel like "true confessions."
9. Middlemarch by George Eliot...I'm a huge Jane Austen fan and this book seems like it would be right up my alley, but who knows? I haven't read it.
10. A Confederacy of Dunces by John Kennedy OToole...I've been told that this is one of the funniest, most irreverent books ever written.
11. I could go on and on ..... so many books, so little time to read the old when I want to read the new.