"Outside a dog a book is man's best friend, inside a dog it is too dark to read!" -Groucho Marx========="The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid." -Jane Austen========="I don’t believe in the kind of magic in my books. But I do believe something very magical can happen when you read a good book."-JK Rowling========"I spend a lot of time reading." -Bill Gates=========“Ahhh. Bed, book, kitten, sandwich. All one needed in life, really.” -Jacqueline Kelly=========

Monday, November 30, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday: Bookish gift ideas

Top Ten Tuesday: The question of the day is to list ten debut authors I am looking forward to reading in the coming year. Well, folks, I have no idea about any unpublished, debut authors or novels. So I am going off the grid and listing a bunch of cool bookish things that bookish people might like for a gift this holiday season.  Happy Shopping!

Carpe Librum Seize the Book Earrings Bookish Jewelry
Need something small for your favorite reader? Can't go wrong with earrings.

A Clockwork Orange Typewriter Book Earrings
But these little gems would be good for your friends who also like to write (and would recognize an old typewriter.)

This site has the WHOLE book on one poster or T-shirt. Shop for your favorite titles.

This one is the Banned Book Morph Mug. When hot beverages are added, the redacted words reappear. There are lots of other choices on this BuzzFeed list, each one has a BUY HERE button.

These plush dolls are called Little Thinkers. The one I've shown here is Jane Austen (of course.) There is a whole collection of these little thinkers and many of them are authors.

Cassic Book Covers knit scarf
Some literary scarves show book covers while others are quotes from favorite books or authors. Sure to be a hit with readers, especially those who love the classics.

Help the readers in our life out.  Give them a tool which allows them to have their book open without having to hold the book open the whole time. These little jewels are very helpful.

Bird Eyeglasses Holder
This particular bird just makes me happy and makes me want to laugh. I like a lot of the bookish things on Uncommon Goods site.

I Read Banned Books - Button Pinback Badge 1 1/2 inch
Need something inexpensive as a stocking-stuffer? How about a bookish button?


Cheryl Sorg will create a personalized poster for you if you give her a list of your favorite titles.  My husband ordered one for me and I love it. The other gifts on my list are fairly inexpensive. This one is expensive, but worth it. Visit her website and look around.


Top Ten Tuesday is hosted at Broke and Bookish.

15 comments:

  1. I love the scarf and I am obsessed with pins!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know what I want though now, is a bunch of bookish throw pillows!!!

      Delete
  2. These are so cute!!! :-) Perfect gifts for a bookworm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are some wonderful gift ideas!! I'm so glad that you chose to do this instead! I've come across Litographs before but I've completely forgotten about it until now! It's also awesome that their prices are really reasonable. I was expecting their products to be more expensive. I think I might get a poster for myself :D I would totally love a thumbprint poster but I definitely can't afford one right now! Maybe one day :)
    Jenna @ Reading with Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome gift ideas! Haha, I never thought about eye glasses holders but that's really cool =P And the scarf is really cool =D

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post even if you went off the beaten path! :P I could definitely use some of those book weights!

    Here are my Top Ten!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are terrific. I hadn't seen the mug or scarf before, and now I want them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so excited that you pointed out your list to me! I was definitely in need of some Christmas gift ideas for book lovers so this helped a ton :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a awesome Idea!! I definitely found some gifts I can buy others! Great Post Here's my Top Ten Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for this post! I was having a terrible time trying to come up with gift items for my coworkers!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I want all the book mugs! I find them oh-so-charming. Maybe I'll buy myself one this Christmas. Thanks for the recs!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great ideas! I love the mug, although I already have so many of them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lithographs are awesome! If I had the time, I might look into attempting to make them, but for now, I've just admired them from afar. Thanks so much for visiting Dreaming Under the Same Moon, Anne. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh gosh, I adore these products! I love earrings and #1 looks so adorable! Lovely list. :)

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments and interactions! Join in the conversation.