"Outside a dog a book is man's best friend, inside a dog it is too dark to read!" -Groucho Marx========="The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid." -Jane Austen========="I don’t believe in the kind of magic in my books. But I do believe something very magical can happen when you read a good book."-JK Rowling========"I spend a lot of time reading." -Bill Gates=========“Ahhh. Bed, book, kitten, sandwich. All one needed in life, really.” -Jacqueline Kelly=========

Tuesday, February 6, 2024

Life According to Literature 2023



THE RULES: Using only books you have read during last year (2023), answer these questions. Try not to repeat a book title. Let me know below in the comments, if you've joined in, too, so I can go and read your answers.
  • Describe yourself: Life, the Universe, and Everything | Douglas Adams
  • How do you feel: Thirty Trillion Cells | Isabel Thomas
  • Describe where you currently live: This Other Eden | Paul Harding
  • A place you like to hang out: The Accidental Tourist  | Ann Tyler
  • If you could go anywhere, where would you go: Four Seasons in Rome | Anthony Doerr
  • Your favorite form of transportation: The Walking School Bus | Walter Friedland
  • Your best friend is: Hello Beautiful | Anne Napolitano
  • You and your friends are: Trust | Hernan Diaz
  • What's the weather like: The House of Light | Mary Oliver
  • You fear: Goblin Market | Christina Rossetti
  • What is the best advice you have to give: How to Be An Antiracist | Ibram X. Kendi
  • Thought for the day: I Have Some Questions for You | Rebecca Makkai
  • How would I like to die: After: A Doctor Explores What Near-Death Experiences Reveal About Life After Death | Greyson, Bruce
  • My soul's present condition: My Utmost for His Highest | Oswald Chambers
Guess I'll have to do this every year. It was fun and a little weird. What do you think of my selections?

-Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to your comments and interactions! Join in the conversation.