"Outside a dog a book is man's best friend, inside a dog it is too dark to read!" -Groucho Marx========="The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid." -Jane Austen========="I don’t believe in the kind of magic in my books. But I do believe something very magical can happen when you read a good book."-JK Rowling========"I spend a lot of time reading." -Bill Gates=========“Ahhh. Bed, book, kitten, sandwich. All one needed in life, really.” -Jacqueline Kelly=========

Sunday, February 18, 2024

Sunday Salon -- Birthday edition

Climbing Jamie

Weather:
Overcast, threatening rain.

Tomorrow is my birthday: Today my grandson (age six) sang this song to me: "𝅘𝅥𝅮𝅘𝅥𝅮 Happy Birthday to you. You're a million and two 𝅘𝅥𝅮𝅘𝅥." Bet you are jealous no one sang such a song to you on your birthday!

Cybils judging is over and the winners were announced on Wednesday. Check out the full list of winners here. I'm posting my reviews one per day. Read my reviews by clicking the links:
Reading/listening (now that Cybils is over):
  • The Huntress by Kate Quinn -- Historical fiction about WWII Night Witches (female pilots from Russia) and Nazi Hunters are the end of the war. A book club selection. My rating 4.5, losing a half point due to the length, 540 pages. Audio and print.
  • The Rabbit Hutch by Tess Gunty -- A book set in Indiana in a down-and-out apartment complex. Very quirky and creative book but hard to follow plot. Another book club selection. 30% complete. Audio and print.
  • The River We Remember by William Kent Krueger -- A mystery set in Minnesota where a murdered person is found in the river. Another book club selection. 4.5 stars. Audio.
TV miniseries recently consumed:
Participating in the Great Backyard Bird Count this weekend: One bird we saw in our backyard, we've never seen before -- The Red-Breasted Sapsucker. I think the others live in our yard -- Anna's Hummingbird, Bushtits, House Sparrow, Dark-eyed Juncos, House Finch.

This week's funnies. See if you detect a theme.






-Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to your comments and interactions! Join in the conversation.