"Outside a dog a book is man's best friend, inside a dog it is too dark to read!" -Groucho Marx========="The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid." -Jane Austen========="I don’t believe in the kind of magic in my books. But I do believe something very magical can happen when you read a good book."-JK Rowling========"I spend a lot of time reading." -Bill Gates=========“Ahhh. Bed, book, kitten, sandwich. All one needed in life, really.” -Jacqueline Kelly=========

Monday, February 12, 2024

TTT: Will I LOVE these books on my TBR?




Top Ten Tuesday: 
(Love Freebie) Will I Love These Books On My To-Be-Read (TBR) List? I hope so!

I did this same prompt two years ago. (Link here.) I just looked back and I'm pleased to say of the seven I managed to read of the ten listed, I did love or at least like them all.

Here's my new batch of TBR books for 2024:


💚Transcendent Kingdom by Yaa Gyasi
This book has been on my TBR since Oct. 20, 2020.

💙The Song of Achilles by Madeleine Miller
I loved her book Circe now want to read this. On TBR since Nov. 5, 2022.

💛The House of Broken Angels by Luis Alberto Urrea
The book was a gift. I must read it! On TBR since June 1, 2022.

💜The Rabbit Hutch by Tess Gunty
A National Book Award winner and a book club selection, I know I will get to this one soon. On the TBR since Jan. 28, 2023.



💖The Plague of Doves by Louise Erdrich
I added this book to my TBR recently because I learned it is the first in a series of indigenous justice. I read the 2nd and 3rd books in the series without realizing there was a first book.  

💗Lady Tan's Circle of Women by Lisa See
Another recent addition to my TBR and an upcoming book club selection.

💚The Egg and I by Betty MacDonald
I'd never even heard of this book before it was selected for an upcoming book club, even though it was published years ago.

💙Wolf Hall by Hilary Mantel
This book has been on and off my TBR for the past ten years. I wanted to read it, then I didn't. Back and forth. In January 2024 I made it my 'One Big Book' of the year.


💛The Huntress by Kate Quinn
It's not really fair that to put this book on the list since I am reading it right now. It is 500+ pages and I'm on page 80. So far it hasn't captured my imagination. Will it kick in soon? I hope so.

💝The Known World by Edward P. Jones
This is the last Pulitzer Prize winner of the 21st Century that I haven't read yet. It has been on my TBR since Jan. 18, 2018. Time to check this one off the list!

💜The Book of Joy by the Dalai Lama and Desmond Tutu
It's been on my TBR since Dec. 29, 2019.

💗Foster by Claire Keegan
A recent addition to the TBR, Dec. 2023. I've not read anything by this author.

-Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to your comments and interactions! Join in the conversation.