"Outside a dog a book is man's best friend, inside a dog it is too dark to read!" -Groucho Marx========="The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid." -Jane Austen========="I don’t believe in the kind of magic in my books. But I do believe something very magical can happen when you read a good book."-JK Rowling========"I spend a lot of time reading." -Bill Gates=========“Ahhh. Bed, book, kitten, sandwich. All one needed in life, really.” -Jacqueline Kelly=========

Monday, August 15, 2022

TTT: Books I Love Which Were Published Over Ten Years Ago


Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Love Which Were Published Over Ten Years Ago (My tweak: I'm only adding books to this list if I haven't or have rarely mentioned this book before on TTT.)

Today's topic makes me laugh since almost all of the books on my top ten favorites were written over ten years ago. For this reason I decided to tweak the list making sure to only name books I love but ones I rarely mention here.

The Elegance of the Hedgehog by Muriel Barbery, 2006.

The Power of One by Bryce Courtenay, 1989.

Brideshead Revisited by Evelyn Waugh, 1945.

Alas, Babylon by Pat Frank, 1959.

Shakespeare: The World As Stage by Bill Bryson, 2007.

Corelli's Mandolin by Louis de Bernières. 1994.

The Things They Carried by Tim O'Brien, 1990.

The Book of Lost Things by John Connolly, 2006.

Tales from Outer Suburbia by Shaun Tan, 2008.

Let the Great World Spin by Colum McCann, 2009.

Cutting for Stone by Abraham Verghese. 2009.

Northanger Abbey by Jane Austen, 1817.


What books do you like that were published over a decade ago?

-Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to your comments and interactions! Join in the conversation.