"Outside a dog a book is man's best friend, inside a dog it is too dark to read!" -Groucho Marx========="The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid." -Jane Austen========="I don’t believe in the kind of magic in my books. But I do believe something very magical can happen when you read a good book."-JK Rowling========"I spend a lot of time reading." -Bill Gates=========“Ahhh. Bed, book, kitten, sandwich. All one needed in life, really.” -Jacqueline Kelly=========

Monday, August 29, 2022

TTT: Top Twenty Children's Books from the '100 Books Every Kid Should Hear Before Kindergarten' List

School Freebie

Top Ten Tuesday: My favorite books from the '100 Books Every Kid Should Hear Before Kindergarten' list, read with my young grandson this summer.

(My ratings were influenced by Ian, the soon-to-be-kindergartener. He really enjoys humorous books but also likes to read books about nature.)

Moo, Baa, La La La (Boynton)                                Owl Babies (Waddell)
Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus (Willems)            Napping House (Wood)
Not a Box (Portis)                                                        Jamberry (Degen)
No, David! (Shannon)                                                  They All Saw a Cat (Wenzel)
Goodnight, Goodnight Construction Site (Rinker)      How Long is a Whale? (Limentani)
Say Hello! (Isadora)                                                      I Stink! (McMullin)
Pete the Cat: I Love My White Shoes (Litwin)            Lily's Purple Plastic Purse (Henkes)
Red: A Crayon's Story (Hall)                                        Where is the Green Sheep? (Fox)
Go Away, Big Green Monster! (Emberley)                  Strega Nona (DePaolo) 
Marisol McDonald Doesn't Match (Brown)                 Please, Baby, Please (Lee) --Jamie's
                                                                                        favorite, he's Ian's brother, age 2.              

All 100 of the books were good, no clunkers at all. These books just happened to be the books that we enjoyed reading together the most or had positive interactions over.  See my original post about the project here. It became a family project.

-Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to your comments and interactions! Join in the conversation.