Top Ten Tuesday: Activities I enjoy that don't involve books and reading
1. Baking. I've always enjoyed baking cookies, cakes, and pie. Lately I've branched out to more yeast breads.
2. Puzzles. I love putting together jigsaw puzzles. I usually only work on them during the winter months but since the COVID-19 pandemic I've been working on puzzle after puzzle. I think I've finished over 30 so far in 2020.
3. Hiking. I live in the Pacific Northwest so nature is practically right outside our door. We also have several National Parks within a few hours of our home. A good hike in a National Forest is a wonderful thing to do outside even if there is a pandemic.
4. Politics. I confess to be one of those wonky people who follows National and local politics fairly closely. This involves about three hours of political programming on TV per evening. I AM SO STRESSED right now.
5. Blogging. Obviously I blog. But one day a week my blog post is about politics not just books.
6. Gardening. I especially love growing flowers. My favorites are hydrangeas and roses.
7. Volunteering through my church and other church activities.
8. Sports fan. Seattle Seahawks, Seattle Mariners, and University of Oregon teams are my favorite teams.
9. Pet ownership. I sleep with my cat (or she sleeps with me) and I love my dog with my whole heart.
10. Grandmotherhood. I have two wonderful grandsons. They are the joy of my life.
11. Travel. Now that I am retired I have the time to explore the world just when it is closed off to us. Sigh.
12. Music. Listening to it, not playing it. I love having a sound track to my life. Going to concerts is still a favorite activity to do with my husband.