"Outside a dog a book is man's best friend, inside a dog it is too dark to read!" -Groucho Marx========="The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid." -Jane Austen========="I don’t believe in the kind of magic in my books. But I do believe something very magical can happen when you read a good book."-JK Rowling========"I spend a lot of time reading." -Bill Gates=========“Ahhh. Bed, book, kitten, sandwich. All one needed in life, really.” -Jacqueline Kelly=========

Monday, September 21, 2020

TTT: Fall Reading List


Top Ten Tuesday: Books on my fall reading list (and how I did on my summer reading list.) 

Overdrive audio or e-books:

  1. Writers and Lovers by Lily King
  2. A Very Stable Genius by Rucker and Leonnig
  3. The Sixth Extinction by Elizabeth Kolbert
  4. The Blind Assassin by Margaret Atwood
  5. Clap When You Land by Elizabeth Acevedo
  6. Born a Crime by Trevor Noah
  7. The Vanishing Half by Brit Bennett
  8. Princess Bride by William Goldman
Print books
  1. The Boy, the Mole, the Fox, and the Horse by Charlie Mackesey
  2. Lifting As We Climb by Evette Dionne
  3. Poisoned Water by Candy Cooper
  4. The Time Keeper by Mitch Albom
  5. Wind, Sand, and Stars by Antoine de Saint-Exupery

How did I do on my Summer list? I had a lot of books on my list and I didn't do too bad. Checks mean I finished the book. A few books I started but didn't finish, look for those notes. Of the nineteen books, only four books were not started at all. Four books are half finished and I plan to finish soon. Eleven books completed from the list.

  1. Leaving Time by Jodi Picoult☑
  2. Hinds' Feet On High Places by Hannah Hurnard☑
  3. The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry by Rachel Joyce☑
  4. The Beekeeper's Apprentice by Laurie R. King✗
  5. Ninth House by Leigh Bardugo✗
  6. How Lovely the Ruins: Inspirational Poems and Words for Difficult Times by Annie Chagnot☑
  7. A Very Stable Genius: Donald Trump's Testing of America by Philip Rucker and Corl Leonnig-Currently on my audio playlist
  8. The Blind Assassin by Margaret Atwood Was returned to library before I finished it, I will request it again to finish it.
  9. Oona Out of Order by Margarita Montimore☑
  10. Valentine by Elizabeth Wetmore☑
  11. Citizen: An American Lyric by Claudia Rankine☑
  12. The Book of Longings by Sue Monk Kidd✗
  13. This Train is Being Held by Ismee Williams  Read half and did not finish.
  14. The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes by Suzanne Collins☑
  15. This Book is Anti-racist by Tiffany Jewell☑
  16. Tiny Habits: Small Changes that Change Everything by B.F. Fogg Set aside to tackle at a later date.
  17. Tinkers by Paul Harding☑
  18. The Time Keeper by Mitch Albom✗
  19. Be the Bridge: Pursuing God's Heart for Racial Reconciliation by LaTasha Morrison☑ 

-Anne

19 comments:

  1. I'm glad I'm not the only one who has long lists. I hope you enjoy all of your fall reads! Here's my Top Ten Tuesday post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh The Princess Bride would be fun, seems like! And that's not bad at all for your summer list. My reading this summer was terrible!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Born a Crime on audio is fabulous; read by Trevor Noah.

    I'm heartbroken over the untimely passing of RBG, even though we knew she was very ill, I can't seem to focus on print books right now, just audio for some reason.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm eager to read Vanishing Half. Hopefully I will be able to pick it up from the library today. I'm not sure I can handle Sixth Extinction or Stable Genius right now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did well on your summer TBR list! I love making seasonal TBR lists, but I rarely actually stick to them. It's just fun thinking about what I MIGHT want to read, even if I never actually do it. LOL.

    Happy TTT!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So many good books on both lists. Happy fall reading!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Princess Bride is wonderful. Hope you enjoy it!

    My post .

    ReplyDelete
  8. My list is whatever is on my Kindle-Book Club books and pleasure reading. (usually mysteries)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Several of these are book club selections. I can't always read whatever I want to read...book club keeps me focused.

      Delete
  9. You have some great books on your list! I still need to read Clap When You Land and The Vanishing Half. The Princess Bride will be perfect for the fall. Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great list! I'm looking forward to reading The Vanishing Half and Clap When You Land soon. Hope you'll enjoy all of these!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It looks like you did a great job on your summer TBR. I hope this fall you do just as well!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You did do well on your summer reading list! :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've never read Princess Bride, but I'd like too. Here is our Top Ten Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Clap When You Land is one of my favorites of the year, I hope you enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Clap When You Land is outstanding on audio. Happy reading!

    Lauren @ Always Me

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great list. Happy reading. I love a long list.
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've read 3 of your Fall books: Vanishing Half, Born a Crime, and Clap When You Land. They are all so different and all so good! I think you have a good Fall reading coming up.

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments and interactions! Join in the conversation.