"Outside a dog a book is man's best friend, inside a dog it is too dark to read!" -Groucho Marx========="The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid." -Jane Austen========="I don’t believe in the kind of magic in my books. But I do believe something very magical can happen when you read a good book."-JK Rowling========"I spend a lot of time reading." -Bill Gates=========“Ahhh. Bed, book, kitten, sandwich. All one needed in life, really.” -Jacqueline Kelly=========

Wednesday, September 23, 2020

Pending reviews


Every once in a while I start feeling overwhelmed because I am falling behind on my blog reviews of books I recently, or not-so-recently read. Today I am making a list of these books, mainly as a catalyst for me to get going, to help me catch up on them. Hyperlinks will appear on this page as I finish up the reviews, if you care to read them.

1. Oona Out of Order by Margarita Montimore, completed July 6th

2. This Book is Anti-racist by Tiffany Jewell. completed July 9th

3. Kent State by Deborah Wiles, completed  July 31st

4. Tinkers by Paul Harding, completed August 19th

5. Be the Bridge by LaTasha Morrison, completed August 21st

6. For the Love of Books by Graham Tarrant, completed August 26th

7. Finders Keepers by Stephen King, completed  September 1st

8. The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry by Rachel Joyce, completed September 2nd

9. Bird Box by Josh Malerman, completed September 11th

There are several other books I've read that I am ambivalent about reviewing. I may get to them, or not. Call Down the Hawk by Maggie Stiefvater (Read in February) and New Kid by Jerry Craft (Read in March) are on that list.

-Anne

6 comments:

  1. Perhaps you could do one of those Readers Digest reviews with a paragraph for each book or a grade, plus a few sentences about why.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will likely do that for a few of the books. Thanks for the suggestion.

      Delete
  2. My pandemic brain and the political climate has affected my reading and reviews. It's not just you Anne.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck writing the reviews; it's so difficult not to get overwhelmed when the list gets long.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you're less than ten book reviews behind, I say you're doing pretty darn well at keeping up! I'm behind by about three times that many. I do keep a list of the books I need to review so I don't forget, but it still takes me forever to review everything I'm reading.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm always behind so no problems with this myself! And yes, digests are the way to go, I think!

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments and interactions! Join in the conversation.