Top Ten Tuesday: Theme---Halloween Freebie.
Bookish Halloween Costumes for Kids
1. Thing 1 and Thing 2 from The Cat in the Hat by Dr. Seuss
2. Pippi from Pippi Longstockings by Ingrid Lindgren
3. Monsters from Where the Wild Things Are by Maurice Sendak
4. Anne Shirley from Anne of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery
5. Jellicle Cats from Old Possum's Book of Practical Cats by T.S. Eliot
6. Frodo from The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien
7. Camilla Cream from A Bad Case of Stripes by David Shannon
8. Caterpillar from The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle
9. Oompa Loompas from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory by Roald Dahl
10. The Man with the Yellow Hat from Curious George by H.A. Rey and Margret Rey
I always encouraged my children to select non-scary costumes for Halloween when they were young. They continue, as adults, to select costumes which are fun but not frightening. This year my grandson will be the Owl from Daniel Tiger. So cute and creative.