"Outside a dog a book is man's best friend, inside a dog it is too dark to read!" -Groucho Marx========="The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid." -Jane Austen========="I don’t believe in the kind of magic in my books. But I do believe something very magical can happen when you read a good book."-JK Rowling========"I spend a lot of time reading." -Bill Gates=========“Ahhh. Bed, book, kitten, sandwich. All one needed in life, really.” -Jacqueline Kelly=========

Monday, February 12, 2018

TTT: Love freebie


Top Ten Tuesday: favorite couples in YA literature (My LOVE freebie this week)

1. Marin and Mabel in We Are OK by Nina LaCour (winner of the Printz Award, announced today!)
Marin is an orphan, who thought she knew her grandfather. Mabel is her best friend and her lover. Mabel's support is so sweet.
2. Julia Beaufort-Stuart and Euan and/or Ellen McEwan in The Pearl Thief by Elizabeth Wein
Julia is granddaughter of a Scottish Lord. Euan and Ellen are twins. They are Travelers who spend part of each year on the Stuart land. Julia and Euan have a sweet relationship while Julia and Ellen have a very fiesty yet sexy relationship.
3. Monty Montague and Percy in The Gentleman's Guide to Vice and Virtue by Mackenzi Lee.
Monty is so excited that he gets to go on a Grand Tour around Europe and his best friend and crush Percy is going, too. But both boys have a lot to learn and a lot to share.
4. Lazlo Strange and Sarai in Strange the Dreamer by Laini Taylor (winner of a Printz Honor, announced today). Lazlo is so happy to be in Weep and then he meets the blue-goddess, Sarai in his dreams.
5. Jonah and Vivi in When We Collided by Emery Lord. Jonah has been brought low by grief. Vivi is exciting and fun, but maybe too exciting...brought on by bi-polar mania.
6. Jane and G (Gifford) in My Lady Jane by Cynthia Hand, et al. Jane and G are married at the insistence of her cousin, King Edward. But it is hard for a romance to develop because G keeps turning into a horse.
7. Madeleine and Elliott in A Tangle of Gold (The Colours of Madeleine series) by Jaclyn Moriarty. They live in two worlds with only a slip of space big enough to pass a paper between until they both accidentally slide into each other's worlds. They love each other but can't survive away from their own world.
8. Sam and Miel in When the Moon Was Ours by Anna-Marie McLemore. Sam hangs lanterns he makes all over town. Miel has roses growing out of her wrists. Sam is hiding a big secret. They accept and help each other.
9. Sammie and Coop in The Memory Book by Lara Avery. Sammie is losing her memory due to a disease. Coop, a friend her whole life steps in to help and ends up becoming her great love.
10. Blue Sargent and Gansey in The Raven King (Raven Boys series). I love all the characters in the series but Blue and Gansey have that special something.

To make this list I looked on my Goodreads account going backwards from the books I've read most recently. That is the reason I left off obvious choices like Eleanor and Park in the book by the same name; Katniss Everdeen and Peeta Mellark in The Hunger Games series; Karou and Akiva in The Daughter of Smoke and Bones series. Never fear. I love them, too!


22 comments:

  1. Jonah and Vivi! A great choice. Fabulous list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved The Raven Cycle! Those are some of my FAVORITE books! I have the audiobook for We Are Okay, and I hope to get to it soon. My Lady Jane and Strange the Dreamer are also on my list!

    Do You Dog-ear?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. NO. God forbid. I never ever dog-ear book pages. I was a librarian. Ha!

      Delete
  3. Cute topic for this week's Top Ten Tuesday post. I love it!!

    Here's a link to my TTT post for this week:
    https://captivatedreader.blogspot.com/2018/02/top-ten-tuesday-ten-very-hot-steamy.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marin and MAbel looks good, I read a Nina LaCour short story in an anthology and thought about trying her books. I've heard good things about Gentleman's Guide too. And Eleanor & Park is on my tBR...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Blue and Gansey are the only ones I know and love right away but I have a couple of these titles on my TBR and hope to love them just as much!!! My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven’t read a single one of these. It sounds like I’m missing out!

    https://readerbuzz.blogspot.com/2018/02/want-to-share-little-love-this.html?m=1

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay I haven't read any of these but I NEED to.

    It's so exciting that We Are Okay won the Printz! I've loved Nina LaCour's other books (Everything Leads to You and Hold Still), so it's great to see her getting recognition. A little surprising it beat out The Hate U Give, though...

    Here's my TTT.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved Julie and Ellen in The Pearl Thief! She and Euan were cute, but her and Ellen....
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2018/02/13/top-ten-tuesday-146/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Eleanor Park is such a great one! It's funny that while reading a book I can love a couple, then I forget once I read the next book "couple."

    ReplyDelete
  10. These lists are always so hard but I would definitely put Simon and Blue, Lara Jean and Peter K., and Dimple and Rishi on my list of recent reads.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Monty and Percy are one of my favorite recent couples as well, I love them! And Blue and Gansey for sure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a surprisingly serious book, even though was so zany.

      Delete
  12. I'm not familiar with any of these! :(

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm so glad Jane and G are on your list! I love Jane and G. They're one of my favorite couples too. I adore them! Adore them!

    My TTT Post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it that you loved Jane and G, too. What a fun book.

      Delete
  14. I loved so many of these. I can't wait to finally read Strange the Dreamer. I hear so many amazing things about the writing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved Strange the Dreamer and can't believe it won a Printz Honor, too.

      Delete
  15. Great list! I read all the Printz winners, so I’m really excited to read We Are Okay.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should probably re-read We Are Okay. Now that I know it won Iwon't be as judgmental maybe.

      Delete

I look forward to your comments and interactions! Join in the conversation.