Happy New Year!
Here is my 2013 Challenge Grade Card. I participated in eight reading challenges last year. How did I do? (Check out the specifics on my Challenges Page here.)
2. YA Audiobook Challenge: my goal was to listen to and write reviews for 24 audiobooks intended for young adults. I listened to 26 books and wrote reviews for 23 of them.
3. Goodreads Challenge: to read 108 books. I read 117. Woot. Woot.
4. Reading from my Shelf Project Challenge: my goal was ten books. I read ten+ books from my own shelf. Why not A+? Because I purchased five of the books new so I didn't really diminish my personal books pile as much as I would have liked.
5. Read the 2013 ALA Award Books Challenge: this is one of my favorite challenges, reading all the award winning books each year that the American Library Association selects each January. There are ten categories of winners for YA books. This year I read nine of the ten. Join me in reading the 2014 award books, which will be announced the end of January.
8. Read all of Chris Crutcher's Books Challenge: this is an open, on-going challenge. Crutcher published a new book this year, Period 8. I read that book and no other books by this author all year. Not very good, but passable.