HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!
Here is my list of books I am looking forward to reading in 2012. Some have not been published, but most are just books I am eager to read and I haven't gotten to yet. (The list is in random order.)
- The Fault in Our Stars by John Green---I'm on the countdown for this book which is set to come out next week.
- Insurgent by Veronica Roth---sequel to Divergent a very good, exciting dystopian novel by a debut author. Due out May 1st.
- Inheritance by Christopher Paolini---I am on the list at the public library for the audio version of this book. I checked yesterday. I am currently 46th in line. It will be months before I get a chance to listen to this one.
- Bitterblue by Kristin Cashore--- the third book in the Graceling series. I was enthralled by Graceling and its prequel, Fire. This is due out in May.
- The Future of Us by Jay Asher and Carolyn Mackler---I have this book in my hot little hands and won't let go until I read it.
- Second Chance Summer by Morgan Matson---Amy and Roger's Epic Detour was one of my favorite reads from last summer. It is now one of the most popular books in my library with older girls. Is this a sequel or a story that stands on its own? I don't know but I hope to find out in May.
- Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake---one of my colleagues raves about this book so I must check it out.
- Stick by Andrew Smith---students who have read this return it with glowing reports.
- Death Comes to Pemberly by P.D. James---This was the only book I asked for Christmas. As an unashamed Jane Austen fan I am looking forward to this book more than any others on my list.
- ???---The great unknown book. Every year there is some book that I absolutely love that I stumble upon. What book will it be this year?