Monday, January 9, 2012
Top Ten Authors I Wish Would Write Another Book
1. Jane Austen...I love all of her novels and her book fragments. Oh, what I'd give to have even a few more of her books to read and place in my Jane Austen book rotation.
2. Harper Lee...I realize that To Kill a Mockingbird is just about the perfect novel. Wouldn't it be lovely if she gave us another one?
3. Shakespeare...I have this funny little fantasy about being the person who locates a previously unknown Shakespeare play. Wouldn't that be awesome?
4. Olive Ann Burns...You may not have heard of her, Ms. Burns only wrote one book before she died but it was a good one...Cold Sassy Tree. She wrote part of the sequel before she died and it just whet my whistle for more. Alas it is not to be.
5. Emily Bronte...The author of Wuthering Heights died before she had a chance to write another masterful, Gothic novel. I actually like the book written by her sister Charlotte better. Jane Eyre is one of my favorites but I don't feel like I have any room to complain about not having enough from Charlotte when I haven't read any of her other novels.
6. JK Rowling...she is such a fabulous author, surely she has more books in her. We want more. We want more. We want more!
Hmmm. Can't think of any others right now. I hope to be inspired by others' lists!