"Outside a dog a book is man's best friend, inside a dog it is too dark to read!" -Groucho Marx========="The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid." -Jane Austen========="I don’t believe in the kind of magic in my books. But I do believe something very magical can happen when you read a good book."-JK Rowling========"I spend a lot of time reading." -Bill Gates=========“Ahhh. Bed, book, kitten, sandwich. All one needed in life, really.” -Jacqueline Kelly=========

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Snowmaggedon in the Northwest

For those of you in other parts of the world you may not understand how crippling snow events are in the Northwest. Schools are canceled, government agencies are closed, people are encouraged to stay off the roads...for good reason, I might add. We have so many hills around here anyone driving has a good chance of ending up in a ditch.  In fact, I saw a news account of five cars in a ditch just this morning. It becomes like "snowmaggedon" around here.  In order to celebrate my own snow day I am staying in, reading The Fault in Our Stars, drinking coffee, and finally writing those Christmas "Thank You"  letters. I LOVE SNOW DAYS!


2 comments:

  1. We will NEVER get a snow day! I hope you enjoyed your day off

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man! I need to move somewhere where it never snows so that when it does everything shuts down. Unfortunately, it doesn't matter how much it snows here nothing ever closes for snow! :( Enjoy your snow day.

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments and interactions! Join in the conversation.