"Outside a dog a book is man's best friend, inside a dog it is too dark to read!" -Groucho Marx========="The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid." -Jane Austen========="I don’t believe in the kind of magic in my books. But I do believe something very magical can happen when you read a good book."-JK Rowling========"I spend a lot of time reading." -Bill Gates=========“Ahhh. Bed, book, kitten, sandwich. All one needed in life, really.” -Jacqueline Kelly=========

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Sunday Salon...Jan. 15

Sunday Salon---January 15, 2012

Muffy in the snow.  It's not that deep, she's got short legs.

It's snowing in the Northwest...a rarity.


Family doings: Daughter #1 is with her fiance playing in the snow near Mt. Rainier. Daughter #2 is in Seattle where it isn't snowing much. Don and I took the dog for a short walk in the snow, otherwise we are hunkering down indoors. We did get all the Christmas decorations completely put away.  Yea!
 
I'm listening to: His Dark Endeavors by Kenneth Oppel.  It is the "prequel" to the Frankenstein story. My daughter and husband have finished with it and now it is my turn!

Book finished this week: 1. The Future of Us by Jay Asher and Carolyn Mackler. 2. The Worst Hard Time by Timothy Egan about the Dust Bowl in the 1930s.

I'm reading: Fragile Beasts by Tawni O'Dell.  Loving it!

Lists I am making: Not really a list but I am already planning how I am going to spend the day tomorrow which is a school holiday and I'll be home alone.

Scripture lesson in church: Micah 5:4: "He will stand and shepherd his flock in the strength of the LORD, in the majesty of the name of the LORD his God. And they will live securely, for then his greatness will reach to the ends of the earth."

I'm praying for: My nephew.

Around the house: As mentioned above, we have finally de-Christmased the house and put out a few decorations celebrating snow.

From the kitchen: We socialized with several couples for dinner last night and made Lava Cakes for dessert.  They were a big hit.  Yum.

On the Web: Clever Household Storage Ideas...you have got to take a look.

A favorite quote this week: from the I Have a Dream speech by Martin Luther King, Jr.:
" I have a dream that my four children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character. I have a dream today."  Read more here




3 comments:

  1. Glad you're enjoying the book and the snow. :) Lava Cakes sound wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just finished The Future of Us too.... review coming soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The snow looks so pretty; we're never going to get that here, but the mountains behind us got some last year, which we went and visited

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments and interactions! Join in the conversation.