"Outside a dog a book is man's best friend, inside a dog it is too dark to read!" -Groucho Marx========="The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid." -Jane Austen========="I don’t believe in the kind of magic in my books. But I do believe something very magical can happen when you read a good book."-JK Rowling========"I spend a lot of time reading." -Bill Gates=========“Ahhh. Bed, book, kitten, sandwich. All one needed in life, really.” -Jacqueline Kelly=========

Monday, January 16, 2012

It's Monday, January 16 and I'm reading...

Hosted by Sheila at Book Journey
I'm Reading:  
Fragile Beasts by Tauni O'Dell...this is one of my book club selections for this month.  I am madly trying to finish up by tomorrow.  The writing is superior and the plot line is unique and captivating.


I recently finished:
The Worst Hard Time: The Untold Story of Those Who Survived the Great American Dust Bowl by Timothy Egan...a nonfiction book. I like the author and find his writing very accessible. I also enjoyed listening to Patrick Lawlor, the reader for this audiobook. The events behind the book are so depressing.  How could people survive with what they had to go through?

The Future of Us by Jay Asher and Carolyn Mackler...Very cute. The storyline is that two friends download an AOL disc onto the new computer and Facebook pops up.  Only problem, Facebook hasn't been invented yet.

I'm listening to:

This Dark Endeavor by Kenneth Oppel...the prequel to Mary Shelley's Frankenstein. It is definitely dark and brooding but I am enjoying it.



    What's Up Next?

     The Fault in Our Stars by John Green...It arrived Friday and I can't wait to get started. 

    Cryer's Cross by Lisa McMann...next up in audiobooks.  The cover makes it sound like a scary mystery.

    5 comments:

    1. Worst Hard Time is for January and Fragile Beasts for Feb. right? You're making me nervous with all this BC reading! :)

      ReplyDelete
    2. I'll be reading The Fault in Our Stars soon; I can't wait. I'm glad you read The Future of Us, I really liked it. Happy reading and have a wonderful week!

      ReplyDelete
    3. I am hearing mixed reviews of The Future of Us, which is too bad since I really liked Jay Asher's first book. Also, John Green's is getting a lot of press these days!

      ReplyDelete
    4. I'm so nervous to read This Dark Endeavor. I hope it isn't disrespectful of my favorite book ever. ;)

      ReplyDelete
    5. I have read a couple of Tawni O'Dell books with book groups in years past - I remember enjoying them, but I don't think I've read this particular one.

      And I am determined to read a John Green novel this year, finally!

      My son and I loved Cryer's Cross on audio - spooky fun and well-read.

      Enjoy your books this week -

      Sue

      P.S. Still having problems with disappearing comment boxes, but I have found a tricky way around it for now :)

      ReplyDelete

    I look forward to your comments and interactions! Join in the conversation.