The rules are simple:
- Anything 400 pages or more qualifies as a big book.
- The challenge will run from Memorial Day weekend (starting May 22 this year) through Labor Day weekend (Labor Day is September 7 this year).
- Choose one or two or however many big books you want as your goal. Wait, did you get that? You only need to read 1 book with 400+ pages this summer to participate! (though you are welcome to read more, if you want).
- Sign up on the first links list below if you have a blog so others can visit (or in the comments below or in the Goodreads group if you don't have a blog).
- Write a post to kick things off - you can list the exact big books you plan to read or just publish your intent to participate, but be sure to include the Big Book Summer Challenge pic above, with a link back to this blog.
- Write a post to wrap up at the end, listing the big books you read during the summer.
- You can write progress posts if you want to and/or reviews of the big books you've read...but you don't have to! There is a separate links list below for big book reviews or progress update posts. Pretty easy challenge, right?!
So let me look over my TBR and see what big books I might read this summer.
Have you read any of these? Where should I start?