Top Ten Tuesday:
What books will be populating my spring reading list?
I. I am hosting a challenge to 'Read My Own Books' between now and May 15th. I selected ten books I pulled from my own book shelf. They are:
- La's Orchestra Saves the World by Alexander McCall Smith (Currently reading)
- Redeployment by Phil Kay
- Ten Windows by Jane Hirshfield
- The Magic Strings of Frankie Presto by Mitch Albom
- The Four Things that Matter Most by Ian Byock, M.D.
- On Chesil Beach by Ian McEwan
- The Confessions of Fitzwilliam Darcy by Mary Street
- Small Wonders by Barbara Kingsolver
- Gilead by Marilynne Robinson
- The Buddha in the Attic by Julie Otsuka
- Fear by Bob Woodward
II. I know a few upcoming book club titles:
- Your Heart is a Muscle the Size of a Fist by Sunil Yapa
- The Walk by Richard Paul Evans
- Behold the Dreamers by Imbolo Mbue
III. Books I've placed on hold at the library that likely will be available soon
- Shout: a poetry memoir by Laurie Halse Anderson
- Voices: The Final Hours of Joan of Arc by David Elliott
- The Friend by Sigrid Nunez
- Sadie by Courtney Summers
How did I do on my Winter TBR? Very good. I read seven of the nine books I wanted to read during that time period. See photo below.