Today I am announcing a new reading challenge and I welcome your participation.
Goal: To read one to ten books that you own by May 15th.The books can be on an e-reader, audio CDs or already downloaded audiobooks, or good old print editions.
How to get started:
- Select up to ten books that you own.
- Write their titles on slips of paper. Draw out one paper at a time to create your reading order. (This will help eliminate you choosing the newest editions, the shortest, the ones you want to read the most, etc. first. It will randomize the selection.)
- Publish that list in an intro blogpost or on Facebook, linking back to this post.
- Sign up on the linky below.
Once the challenge has started:
- Every time you finish a book, add that title to the linky with the specific URL.
- Visit others' links and hopefully they will visit yours.
- Once you have finished a book, decide what you want to do with it.
- Keep it and return it to your shelf.
- Donate it to a charity like the public library for their annual book sale.
- Give it away to a friend or relative you think may like it.
- Sell it, if you can find a buyer.
- Toss it in the trash, it was that bad! Ha!
Will there be prizes?
Of course there will. Everyone is a a winner. Your prize will be the good feeling that comes from completing books that have been languishing on your shelves for months or years. Isn't that the best prize of all?
Sign up and get ready to READ!