|Is he Captain Kirk or Kermit the frog?|
The wisdom of Ian: give hugs when your grandma falls down and sit and cuddle her until all is right with the world again. (The photo above was taken after everyone got righted. You can see he'd been crying, too.)
Snow cones: Over a month ago we had our first snow of the season and it was a whopper. Today our last pile of snow (now ice) will likely melt and that will be a record: one month of standing snow on the ground. Our dog, Bingley, treats the diminishing piles like his own personal snow-cones. He begs to go outside to gnaw on the ice.
Join me in a reading challenge: 'My Own Books' reading challenge will give you the opportunity to read books on your own shelves. Please follow the link for the details and to sign up.
Movies: Don and I have been working our way through the Academy Award nominees and winners. So far we've seen: 1. The Green Book (loved it); 2. Bohemian Rhapsody (loved it, too); 3. A Star is Born (such talent!); 4. First Reformed (very disturbing); 5. The Favourite (I think I'll stop comparing myself to Queen Anne); 6. Can you Ever Forgive Me (Melissa McCarthy was amazing.) We still want to see Black Panther, If Beale Street Could Talk, and Black Klansman.
- D- her sister died suddenly on Friday
- J- is having a mastectomy on Wednesday
- R- her father died on Thursday
- J- he and his girlfriend are having issues related to housing
- C- recovering from a mastectomy last month
- D- issues related to health insurance coverage
Books --- recently finished and currently reading
- Incarnadine by Mary Szybist---National Book Award winner for poetry in 2013. Finished.
- Claudette Colvin: Twice Toward Justice by Phillip Hoose --- National Book Award winner for Young People's Literature in 2009. Finished.
- Great House by Nicole Krauss--- National Book Award finalist for literature in 2010. 33% complete.
- Unsheltered by Barbara Kingsolver---audiobook. A favorite author, not a favorite book, 30%.
- Fear: Trump in the White House by Bob Woodward--- e-book; 40%. I am plodding along on this one.
- There There by Tommy Orange--- a NYT top ten book of 2018 and a book club selection. Don and I both listened to the audiobook which is so well-done. Finished.
- The BFG by Roald Dahl---this children's classic is a must-read. Finished.
- Lighthead by Terrance Hayes---another National Book Award winner (2010) for poetry. Finished.
- Gregor the Overlander by Suzanne Collins--- her adventure series that preceded Hunger Games. Audiobook. Finished.
Don't forget to check out my 'My Own Books' Reading challenge. I hope you want to join me.