"Outside a dog a book is man's best friend, inside a dog it is too dark to read!" -Groucho Marx========="The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid." -Jane Austen========="I don’t believe in the kind of magic in my books. But I do believe something very magical can happen when you read a good book."-JK Rowling========"I spend a lot of time reading." -Bill Gates=========“Ahhh. Bed, book, kitten, sandwich. All one needed in life, really.” -Jacqueline Kelly=========

Monday, August 14, 2017

TTT: My favorite books read in 2017, so far

Top Ten Tuesday: My favorite books read in 2017, so far,
in reverse order that I read them.

Commonwealth by Ann Pratchett
c. 2016, adult, novel

Love Warrior by Glennon Doyle Melton
c. 2016, adult, memoir

LaRose by Louise Erdrich
c. 2016, adult, Winner of the National Book Critics Circle Award

Homegoing by Yaa Gyasi
c. 2016, adult, novel

The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas
c. 2017, YA, novel

Lab Girl Jahren Hope
c. 2016, adult, memoir

Undefeated: Jim Thorpe and the Carlisle Indian School Football Team by Steve Sheinkin
c. 2017, YA, nonfiction

Strange the Dreamer by Laini Taylor
c. 2017,  YA, first book in a series

The Underground Railroad by Colson Whitehead
c. 2016, adult, Pulitzer Prize winning novel

The Uninterrupted View of the Sky by Melanie Crowder
c. 2017, YA, novel based on facts

The One-In-A-Million Boy by Monica Wood
c. 2016, adult, novel

Top Ten Tuesday is hosted at Broke and Bookish.


12 comments:

  1. I've heard so many good things about The Hate U Give, it wasn't on my radar but now I'm thinking of picking it up. Strange the dreamer is another one, it jsut seems so different and unique- I'm really curious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Both books are amazing, though I should caution you about Strange the Dreamer. It has a big cliff-hanger at the ending.

      Delete
  2. Isn't LaRose wonderful. I was thrilled when an ARC of Erdrich's new book turned up at work in Friday 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh. What is the title of Erdrich's next book? Can't get enough of her.

      Delete
  3. I need to try LaRose! Love Erdrich's writing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seeing your best of list reminds me of all the good books I haven't gotten to yet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I must get to Strange the Dreamer soon. I've heard so many good things and having read a previous novel from the author, I'm sure the writing is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LaRose made my list of mid-year favorites as well. And The Hate U Give will definitely be on my top ten list at the end of the year, I'm sure. I really liked both of those books. I would really like to get to Homegoing this year. Thank you for sharing, Anne!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't actually read any of these yet (oops!), but I own copies of both The Hate U Give and Strange the Dreamer. Will need to get working on those soon...

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Hate You Give has been on my TBR for so long!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes to The Hate U Give and Strange the Dreamer - they're both two of my favorite books of the year so far as well. :) Thanks for sharing and, as always, fabulous choices! <3

    ~ Zoe @ Stories on Stage

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments and interactions! Join in the conversation.