"Outside a dog a book is man's best friend, inside a dog it is too dark to read!" -Groucho Marx========="The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid." -Jane Austen========="I don’t believe in the kind of magic in my books. But I do believe something very magical can happen when you read a good book."-JK Rowling========"I spend a lot of time reading." -Bill Gates=========“Ahhh. Bed, book, kitten, sandwich. All one needed in life, really.” -Jacqueline Kelly=========

Tuesday, May 9, 2017

SYNC: Free audiobook downloads for the summer, and summer has already started!

Every summer SYNC makes free audiobooks available for teen's who like to listen to their books read by someone else...and adults who like audiobooks, too.  Anyway. Every year I miss the launch of SYNC's summer season of free books because, well, it isn't summer yet!

This year I caught the beginning (last week) but forgot to tell you, my readers. If you act quickly, by tomorrow, you will have only missed one week. Here are the details:

Go to SYNC and download the two books they offer every week. The only sign up they require is your email address and name. Download the OVERDRIVE APP onto your phone or MP3 device and you are ready.  I have OVERDRIVE on my computer, too, so I actually do the download from my computer but I can listen to it on what ever device I want as long as I  login to my Overdrive Account.

I know these posters aren't really large enough to clearly see the weekly offering, but note that this week, which ends tomorrow, has The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas and Feed by MT Anderson. Both of these books are two of my favorite audiobooks of all time!


4 comments:

  1. My goal is to do an audio book, but I'm not an auditory person at all. You may have to push me a bit on this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had no idea that this program exists, what a great idea. And there are some good book on there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I posted about this, and began downloading right at week 1...and then found out I've been downloading WRONG (saving instead of opening) so I missed the first 2 weeks - so sad! Was really looking forward to listening to Dorian Gray :(

    At least I figured out my mistake before too long!

    Sue

    Book By Book

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great program - our library patrons love taking advantage of it. :)

    Lauren @ Always MeLauren @ Always Me

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments and interactions! Join in the conversation.