"Outside a dog a book is man's best friend, inside a dog it is too dark to read!" -Groucho Marx========="The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid." -Jane Austen========="I don’t believe in the kind of magic in my books. But I do believe something very magical can happen when you read a good book."-JK Rowling========"I spend a lot of time reading." -Bill Gates=========“Ahhh. Bed, book, kitten, sandwich. All one needed in life, really.” -Jacqueline Kelly=========

Thursday, April 21, 2016

Today is poem-in-your-pocket day

Today, as part of National Poetry Month, is Poem-In-Your-Pocket Day. The premise is to incorporate poetry into every aspect of your life. Today surprise your co-workers, friends, and family members by pulling out a poem and reading it to them! Share it on Twitter #pocketpoem, Facebook, Instagram, you name it! Get the poem out into the world.


Here is a link to Poem-in-Your-Pocket Day resources

My pocket poem is "The Moment" by Marie Howe. It is about a moment when life and all its buzy-ness seems to stand still with "no what-have-I-to-do-today" lists.

What poem are going to carry in your pocket today?


No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to your comments and interactions! Join in the conversation.