|National Poetry Month, Poets.org|
A few things I will do this month to celebrate poetry:
- 1. Write a poem in chalk on the sidewalk in front of my house
- 2. Go for a walk on Poetry Way between Owen Beach and the boat launch in Pt. Defiance Park
- 3. Write a blog post about the poetry book I just finished reading yesterday, Teaching with Heart
- 4. Make a display in the library case and the bulletin board of poems and poetry books
- 5. Make myself available to teachers who want me to come to their classes to cooperate with them on a poetry project
- 6. Read a poem-a-day (from this day forward)
- 7. Advertise Poem-in-your-pocket Day, April 21st
- 8. Host a Book Covers Poetry Project Contest (more on this later as I flesh it out)
- 9. Encourage you, my readers, to incorporate poetry into your life this month, too.
Your turn. How will you celebrate National Poetry Month?