|Hosted by The Edge of Precipice|
What are some poems you like?
- "The Journey" by Mary Oliver
- "Last Night As I Was Sleeping" by Antonio Machado
- "Last Gods" by Galway Kinnell
- "Love at First Sight" by Wislawa Szymborska
- "To Be of Use" by Marge Piercy
- "Promissory Note" by Galway Kinnell
- "When Great Trees Fall" by Maya Angelou
What are some poems you dislike?
- I can't identify any poems I don't like, but there sure are a lot of poems I don't understand.
Are there any poets whose work you especially enjoy? If so, who are they?
- Mary Oliver
- Galway Kinnell
- Billy Collins
Do you write poetry?
- How does the quote go? "We all write poems. it is simply that poets are the ones who write in words." But actually I do write down a few poems occasionally. For example, I always write haiku at the end of each school year which I publish on m blog.
Have you ever memorized a poem?
- Yes, but usually they aren't what people think of as poems. I have memorized lots of lyrics to songs and scriptures like the 23rd Psalm.
Do you prefer poetry that rhymes and had a strict meter, or free verse? Or do you like both?
- What is mot important to me in poetry is accessibility. If I can understand a poem and find something that relates to my life, those are the ones I prefer.
Do you have any particular poetry movements you're fond of? (Beat poets, Romanticism, Fireside poets, etc?)(If you haven't got any idea what I'm talking about, that's fine! You can check out this list for more info, if you want to.)
- Um...I look at the list and decided that I still have no idea. I like what I like, not a particular style of poetry.