"Outside a dog a book is man's best friend, inside a dog it is too dark to read!" -Groucho Marx========="The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid." -Jane Austen========="I don’t believe in the kind of magic in my books. But I do believe something very magical can happen when you read a good book."-JK Rowling========"I spend a lot of time reading." -Bill Gates=========“Ahhh. Bed, book, kitten, sandwich. All one needed in life, really.” -Jacqueline Kelly=========

Monday, January 11, 2016

GKHS Mock Printz Results

I am finally home from the Mock Printz Workshop where 35 students and I met to discuss our long list of books to try to determine what the Real Printz Committee would select as the best YA book of the year.

After much spirited and thoughtful debate the students came up with this slate:

GKHS Mock Printz Awards go to:

Winner: Challenger Deep by Neal Shusterman
Honor1: The Truth Commission by Susan Juby
Honor2: Nimona by Noelle Stevenson
Honor3(tie): The Game of Love and Death by Martha Brockenbrough
Honor3(tie): All the Bright Places by Jennifer Niven

I am tired. More analysis and discussion tomorrow when I also look at the ACTUAL winners and talk about my thoughts on these and those books.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to your comments and interactions! Join in the conversation.