"Outside a dog a book is man's best friend, inside a dog it is too dark to read!" -Groucho Marx========="The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid." -Jane Austen========="I don’t believe in the kind of magic in my books. But I do believe something very magical can happen when you read a good book."-JK Rowling========"I spend a lot of time reading." -Bill Gates=========“Ahhh. Bed, book, kitten, sandwich. All one needed in life, really.” -Jacqueline Kelly=========

Monday, October 21, 2013

Oh for goodness sake....

My school district's server has been down for over three days. The library system is attached to it so I cannot check books in. I am checking books out off-line. The photo shows half of the books that are piling up for me to check-in when the system comes back on-line. The other half of the books are on the back side of the carts. What a mess.



4 comments:

  1. I have had this happen to me- but never for quite so long. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Total nightmare! However, I am glad to hear it isn't just our district that has server problems :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's nuts! Is your district grade book on-line also, so none of your teachers can imput grades or attendance? That would be ugly too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The district has successfully created a patch for email and grades. Tomorrow they are sending out I.T. folks to get printing availability in the buildings. No word on the library system. In the meantime, I am doing what I can to remain sane.

      Delete

I look forward to your comments and interactions! Join in the conversation.