"Outside a dog a book is man's best friend, inside a dog it is too dark to read!" -Groucho Marx========="The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid." -Jane Austen========="I don’t believe in the kind of magic in my books. But I do believe something very magical can happen when you read a good book."-JK Rowling========"I spend a lot of time reading." -Bill Gates=========“Ahhh. Bed, book, kitten, sandwich. All one needed in life, really.” -Jacqueline Kelly=========

Thursday, October 24, 2013

2013 National Book Award Finalists

The National Book Award Finalists were announced last week and somehow I missed it. Take a look at all the finalists in all the categories at The National Book Award website. 

The Finalists for Young People's Literature are:
Book covers for the 2013 NBA YPL Finalists

 I think that The Thing About Luck and The Blue Scouts of Sugar Man Swamp are more geared toward middle school students. I've read Far Far Away and LOVE it. Now I will have to add two more books to my virtual reading pile: Boxers/Saints, Picture Me Gone.

On the long list I was pleased to see another Mock Printz selection: The Summer Prince by Alaya Johnson. Two Boys Kissing by David Levithan is getting great reviews, so I need to read it and order it for my library, too. The other three books on the long list look to be for middle grade readers.

Congratulations to all the authors who have received nominations and especially to those who made the list of finalists.

The winners will be announced on November 20, 2013!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to your comments and interactions! Join in the conversation.