This past week: We attended the Governor's Inaugural Ball in Olympia, Washington. It was a grand occasion and so fun. See photo, it doesn't do the whole event justice.
Yesterday: We attempted a movie, but there was no parking at all at the theater. Guess everyone was sick of the fog and wanted to spend the afternoon inside. We came home and wrote our thank you cards for Christmas gifts instead.
Today: I fell on the ice on the porch stairs as I was attempting to assist the dog who couldn't get up the stairs because they were so...wait for it...icy. To her credit, the dog "came to my rescue" as soon as I fell down. Nothing is broken.
Tomorrow: I will be glued to the TV watching the 2nd Inauguration of President Obama.
Books I'm reading:
- The Miseducation of Cameron Post by Emily Danforth... a LGBT novel about a girl who is sent to a "re-education camp" for being a lesbian.
- 52 Little Lessons from It's a Wonderful Life by Bob Welsh...I'm plugging a way on this book. Each devotion is about three pages, very doable.
Audiobooks I'm listening to right now:
- Railsea by China Mieville...a take on Herman Melville's Moby Dick. I just got started and so far I am flat out confused.
- The Girl Who Fell Beneath Fairyland and Led the Revels There by Catherynne Valente...I'm half finished with this sequel to The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland... but will need to suspend listening to it because I want to finish Railsea before my Mock Printz even on January 28th.
- Dreamers of the Day by Mary Doria Russell... a historical fiction set in the early 1920s. Loved it.
- Never Fall Down by Patricia McCormick...a victim of the Khmer Rouge in Cambodia speaks out. Very touching and important.
- Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe by Benjamin Alire Saenz..."a beautiful story brilliantly told."-The book jacket. The best LGBT book I've read all year, maybe ever.
Today's Scripture: Philippians 3:1 "Rejoice in the Lord, again I say rejoice."
Around the House: Daughter #2 is home for the long week-end. I love having her here and miss her so much when she is away at college.
From the Kitchen: Homemade Chicken Parmesan. Delicious!