"Outside a dog a book is man's best friend, inside a dog it is too dark to read!" -Groucho Marx========="The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid." -Jane Austen========="I don’t believe in the kind of magic in my books. But I do believe something very magical can happen when you read a good book."-JK Rowling========"I spend a lot of time reading." -Bill Gates=========“Ahhh. Bed, book, kitten, sandwich. All one needed in life, really.” -Jacqueline Kelly=========

Monday, December 21, 2015

TTT: Dec. 22nd. My Favorite YA Audio books of 2015

Top Ten Tuesday: The actual topic for the day is what books would I like Santa to bring me. Since I prefer to get my books from libraries and I typically don't ask for books for Christmas, I decided instead to list my favorite YA audio books of the year. Thanks for indulging me.

Top Ten YA Audiobooks I listened to in 2015
I really like to listen to audiobooks if they are narrated well and if the pacing isn't too slow. These ten audiobooks were my favorites of the year. I've listed them in alphabetical order because I love them all and can't choose a favorite. Please open the hyperlinks in a new tab and experience a short sample of each audiobook.
17378508
Blue Lily, Lily Blue 
by Maggie Stiefvater, read by Will Patton
Audio clip at SoundCloud

18075234
Challenger Deep
by Neal Shusterman, read by Michael Curran-Dorsano
Audio clip at SoundCloud

20708810
Egg and Spoon 
by Gregory Maguire, read by Michael Page
Audio clip at Candlewick

23310694
Most Dangerous: Daniel Ellsberg and the Secret History of the Vietnam War
by Steve Sheinkin, read by Ray Porter
Audio clip at Amazon.com

27712
The Neverending Story
by Michael Ende, read by Gerard Doyle

22548138
Razorhurst
by Justine Larbalestier, read by Rebekkah Rimmington, Fiona Hardingham, David Ligudzinski
Audio clip at Scribd.

11516221
The Scorpion Rules
by Erin Bow, read by Madeleine Maby
Audio clip at SoundCloud

22886868
The Shepherd's Crown
by Terry Pratchett, read by Stephen Briggs
Audio clip at SoundCloud

24727079
Symphony for the City of the Dead: Dmitri Shostakovich and the Siege on Leningrad
by M.T. Anderson, read by the author
Audio clip SoundCloud

19543156
The Unlikely Hero of Room 13B
 by Teresa Toten, read by Johnathan McClain
Audio clip Amazon.com

Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and Bookish

21 comments:

  1. Blue Lily, Lily Blue is so so amazing, I hope you enjoy it! Awesome list :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh! "The Neverending Storm" looks fascinating! I hope you get some of these from Santa this year!

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HA! I totally read that title wrong. "The Neverending STORY". Well that makes a lot more sense and YES it IS fascinating! Haha. Ooooh my.

      Delete
    2. It kind of was a Neverending storm, of sorts.

      Delete
  3. I bet these would be wonderful on audio, especially Blue Lily, Lily Blue. I'm currently listening to Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda and it's wonderful. :)

    Check out my Friday 56 (With Book Beginnings), my Top Ten Tuesday, and my current giveaway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked Simon vs the Homo Sapiens Agenda, too, in audiobooks. There is a funny feature on overdrive which allows one to listen to a book on 1.25 speed. It take a way a bit of the dynamics but allows one to consume a book faster. I may have done that with Simon.

      Delete
  4. I have been enjoying audiobooks as well. I haven't read Blue Lily, Lily Blue, but I really enjoyed The Wolves of Mercy Wolves series. Great list, Anne and thank you for stopping by. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blue Lily, Lily Blue is the #3 book in her Raven Cycle series. The 4th book is due out soon. Wait to start until you can race through all four of the books in rapid succession.

      Delete
  5. For some reason, I just can't get into audiobooks. I end up losing concentration! I'm glad you had 10 wonderful experiences though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am very auditory but I can only listen when I am in a car or when I am doing something mindless like video games. But I have about a 20 minute communte one way, so on any day I am listening to about 20-25 pages of text on my commute. It adds up. Plus all the narrators I highlighted on the books above are superb. They help bring the book to life for me.

      Delete
  6. I've yet to read The Dream Thieves and I hope I could get to read it soon! Haha! I've read Challenger Deep but it wasn't for me, I hope you enjoy it though ;)

    Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wait to read Dream thieves until the fourth book comes out and then you can read the last three books in rapid succession.

      Delete
  7. I love how you decided to list your favorite audio books this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Sometimes the Top Ten Tuesday topics just don't match my interests so I thought I'd go off the board and create a list that does interest me.

      Delete
  8. You have several here that I would like to read, but Symphony for the City of the Dead looks especially good. I hope Santa treats you well. Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I think Symphony for the City of the Dead is one of the best YA books of the year. The audiobook is awesome, too, as small snippets of Shostakovich's music are played making the experience very rich.

      Delete
  9. One of my bookish resolution next year to start and finish the Raven Boys series. I have the first two books at home, but I'm never in the right mood to enjoy them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Blue LIly, Lily Blue is fantastic and it also has a beautiful cover! I hope you get them all :)

    Our TTT
    Ashley @ The Quiet Concert

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great list! I'm not much of an audiobook person myself. I've listened to two in total, and both of them have been Shakespeare plays which I listened to while reading the play. I don't think I have the concentration for audiobooks - my mind always wanders when listening to anything. I need everything on black and white in front of me for it to sink in!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm not really into audiobooks but my husband is & we listened to the Harry Potter audiobooks this year. Jim Dale does SUCH an amazing job! My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  13. I haven't really gotten into audiobooks but I definitely think the narrator makes a huge difference to one's enjoyment! :) You've definitely got a few books on your list that I've been meaning to read though!

    Thanks for swinging by my TTT!

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments and interactions! Join in the conversation.