"Outside a dog a book is man's best friend, inside a dog it is too dark to read!" -Groucho Marx========="The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid." -Jane Austen========="I don’t believe in the kind of magic in my books. But I do believe something very magical can happen when you read a good book."-JK Rowling========"I spend a lot of time reading." -Bill Gates=========“Ahhh. Bed, book, kitten, sandwich. All one needed in life, really.” -Jacqueline Kelly=========

Monday, May 29, 2023

Big Book Summer Challenge

 


I am really excited to add one more reading challenge to my list. This one is hosted by Sue at Book By Book: The Big Book Summer Challenge.

The rules are simple: starting May 26 through September 4, read books that are at least 400 pages long. You only have to read one to complete the challenge. 

I have a few books chosen to read for this challenge chosen so far:
  • Horse by Geraldine Brooks, 401 pages
  • Human by Brandon Stanton, 437 pages
  • Tell Me Why: A Beatles Commentary, 423 pages
  • Tomorrow and Tomorrow and Tomorrow, 401 pages
  • Hello Beautiful by Ann Napalitano, 416 pages
  • Babel: An Arcane History by RF Kuang, 544 pages 
That is a lot of big books for me but I have already started four of them and one of the others is a book club selection so I am off to great start and know I will be successful on this challenge. Join me?

-Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to your comments and interactions! Join in the conversation.