"Outside a dog a book is man's best friend, inside a dog it is too dark to read!" -Groucho Marx========="The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid." -Jane Austen========="I don’t believe in the kind of magic in my books. But I do believe something very magical can happen when you read a good book."-JK Rowling========"I spend a lot of time reading." -Bill Gates=========“Ahhh. Bed, book, kitten, sandwich. All one needed in life, really.” -Jacqueline Kelly=========

Tuesday, December 27, 2022

TTT: Books Under a Tree


 

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Received/Gave/Will Enjoy from Xmas 2022

This year I did a very sneaky thing. I placed the titles of several books I'd like for Christmas in my Amazon shopping cart/wish list. Santa/husband shopped from my list, knowing I would be thrilled with any of the choices. Under the tree for me:

The Book of Joy by Dalai Lama and Desmond Tutu // Poems to See By by Julian Peters

My mother, who is 93-years-old never wants anything for gifts, so I usually give her books, which she always reads and appreciates. This year I gave her:

The One Hundred Years of Lenni and Margot by Cronin // No Cure for Being Human by Bowler // The Light We Carry by Obama

Our grandson, aged five and in Kindergarten, is an emerging reader. He also loves super heroes. I thought these books would spark his imagination as part of his Christmas gift this year:

I Can Read: The Story of Superman // World of Reading: The Story of Spider-Man

Our grandsons, who have been encouraged to love books by their mother, gave my husband this gem, written by Sir Paul McCartney! I bet no one will complain if I read it, too.

Hey Grandude! by Paul McCartney

Good bunch of books, huh?

-Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to your comments and interactions! Join in the conversation.