"Outside a dog a book is man's best friend, inside a dog it is too dark to read!" -Groucho Marx========="The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid." -Jane Austen========="I don’t believe in the kind of magic in my books. But I do believe something very magical can happen when you read a good book."-JK Rowling========"I spend a lot of time reading." -Bill Gates=========“Ahhh. Bed, book, kitten, sandwich. All one needed in life, really.” -Jacqueline Kelly=========

Saturday, December 3, 2022

6-Degrees: SNOW CHILD to ...

 Six Degrees of Separation

We begin with --

↓ 

Snow Child by Eowyn Ivey
Based on a Russian fairy tale

↓

Egg and Spoon by Gregory MacGuire
Also based on a Russian Fairy Tale. A YA favorite of mine.

↓

 
Far Far Away by
Another YA favorite based on Grimm's Fairy Tales. 

↓

Midwinter Blood by Marcus Sedgwick
This book is based on a Swedish tale and inspired by a painting by famed Swedish artist Carl Larsson.

This is the painting called, 'Midvinterblot', which inspired the book.

↓


Girl in Hyacinth Blue by Susan Vreeland
Another book inspired by a piece of art, this one by Vermeer. The story takes place over 300 years from the time the painting was created.

↓

People of the Book by Geraldine Brooks
Another story, this one about a book, which tells the story of what happened to the book over it's 500 year history. The author has a new book I'd like to read, Horse.

↓

To the Bright Edge of the World by Eowyn Ivey
Sequel to or companion book to Snow Child. I haven't read this book, but I'd like to since I loved the first book in the series.

↓

That brings us back around to Snow Child by Eowyn Ivey.

 
 -Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!!!