"Outside a dog a book is man's best friend, inside a dog it is too dark to read!" -Groucho Marx========="The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid." -Jane Austen========="I don’t believe in the kind of magic in my books. But I do believe something very magical can happen when you read a good book."-JK Rowling========"I spend a lot of time reading." -Bill Gates=========“Ahhh. Bed, book, kitten, sandwich. All one needed in life, really.” -Jacqueline Kelly=========

Tuesday, December 20, 2022

TTT: Best Books of the Year Finds


Top Ten Tuesday:
Fa la la la. One of the best things about the end of each year is the plethora of "Best Books of the Year" lists. Here are a few books I've discovered from these lists that intrigue me enough to add them to my TBR.


 

Demon Copperhead by Barbara Kingsolver
Found on New York Times Top Ten Books of 2022 list, among others.
Truth be told I was already aware of this book. I am a huge Kingsolver fan and this book is a book club selection for January.

Stay True: a Memoir by Hua Hsu
Another book from the NYT Top Ten list. 
This memoir sounds heartbreaking.

Shrines of Gaiety by Kate Atkinson
I have enjoyed everything I've read by this author. This one is set in the Roaring '20s and sounds like it hearkens back to the Dickens' time period. 

The Rabbit Hutch by Tess Gunty
Another found on the Kirkus list.
I became aware of this book when it won the 2022 National Book Award for fiction.

The Book of Goose by Yiyun 
The Top 5 books of the Year by Mark Athitakis, a LA Times reviewer
I was first attracted to this book because of the stunning cover.

Human Blues by Elsa Albert
Top five books selected by reviewer Bethanne Patrick in the LA Times.
This sound like a different but relatable story.

Babel by R. F. Kuang
Found in Book Page top ten books of 2022.
Several people have told me I NEED to read this.

If I Survive You by Jonathan Escoffery
The book is described as funny. I need more funny in my life.

The Hero of This Book by Elizabeth McCracken
A memoir wrapped up as fiction.

Here is a sorted list of the top 54 books of 2022 by the number of 'best-books lists' they are on: My Favourite and Best

-Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to your comments and interactions! Join in the conversation.