"Outside a dog a book is man's best friend, inside a dog it is too dark to read!" -Groucho Marx========="The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid." -Jane Austen========="I don’t believe in the kind of magic in my books. But I do believe something very magical can happen when you read a good book."-JK Rowling========"I spend a lot of time reading." -Bill Gates=========“Ahhh. Bed, book, kitten, sandwich. All one needed in life, really.” -Jacqueline Kelly=========

Monday, September 19, 2022

TTT: Books On My Fall Reading List, with an update how I did on my summer list


My Fall Reading List

Below the fold is an update how I did on my summer list.

Book Club Selections:

  1. Searching for Sylvie Lee by Kwok (October, Group#1)
  2. The Radium Girls by Moore (November, Group#1)
  3. The Soul of An Octopus by Montgomery (December, Group#1)
  4. Take My Hand by Perkins-Valdez (October, Group#2)
  5. TBA (Nov/Dec, Group#2)

Challenge Books:

  1. As I Lay Dying by Faulkner (Classics Club Spin #31)
  2. Two TBA in November (National Book Award winners or finalists Challenge)

Books I've already started, recently acquired,  and/or have on-hold at the library:

  1. One Hundred Days of Lenni and Margory by Cronin
  2. Dictionary for a Better World by Latham
  3. A Swim in a Pond by Saunders
  4. Poetry RX by Rosenthal
  5. Remarkably Bright Creatures by Van Pelt
  6. The Cartographers by Shepherd
  7. Cross Purposes by Welch
  8. When I Found You by Hyde
  9. A Library by Nikki Giovanni
  10. Emily Dickinson Poems by Dickinson
  11. I'm Nobody! Who are You? Poems by Emily Dickinson
Update: How I did on my summer reading list.
Highlighted yellow: completed. 
Highlighted aqua: in progress or 
Highlighted green: completed but read note.  
No color: did not read.
 
Book Club selections:
  1. Washington Black by Edugyan (July, Group #1)
  2. Immortalists by Benjamin (August, Group 1)
  3. The Violin Conspiracy by Slocumb (August, Group #2)
  4. Firefly Lane by Hannah (September, Group #1)
  5. Mercy Street by Jennifer Haigh (September, Group #2)
Challenge Books:
  1. Big Book Summer Challenge (over 400 pages long) Goal: 4 books. (Read five books!)
  2. 20 Books of Summer Challenge. Goal: read 20 books (Read 25 books!)
  3. Narniathon: The Last Battle
  4. Classics Club Spin: Grapes of Wrath
  5. Pulitzer Project: Read one of the past winners. (I read the 2022 winner: The Netanyahus.)
Recently placed holds at the library or queued up on Audible:
  1. Sea of Tranquility by Emily St. John Mandel
  2. Lessons in Chemistry by Bonnie Germus
  3. The Known World by Edward P. Jones
  4. State of Terror by Louise Penny and Hillary Clinton
  5. Work Song by Ivan Doig

 I read a lot this summer, but not necessarily the books I predicted.

-Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to your comments and interactions! Join in the conversation.