"Outside a dog a book is man's best friend, inside a dog it is too dark to read!" -Groucho Marx========="The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid." -Jane Austen========="I don’t believe in the kind of magic in my books. But I do believe something very magical can happen when you read a good book."-JK Rowling========"I spend a lot of time reading." -Bill Gates=========“Ahhh. Bed, book, kitten, sandwich. All one needed in life, really.” -Jacqueline Kelly=========

Monday, September 5, 2022

TTT: Books I Loved So Much I Had to Get a Copy for My Personal Library


Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Loved So Much I Had to Get a Copy for My Personal Library

Note: I don't often buy books, being a fan of libraries. If I do buy a book for myself, it is because of the likelihood it will be reread. I'd hoped to photograph my actual copies then realized that some are boxed up as my overstuffed bookshelf was just tidied up a few weeks ago. Oh well.

Whistling Season by Ivan Doig

Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver

The complete set of Jane Austen novels


Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams

The whole Chronicles of Narnia series by C.S. Lewis

Sonnets from the Portuguese and Other Love Poems by Elizabeth Barrett Browning, illustrated by Adolf Hallman

Tear Soup: A Recipe for Healing After Loss by Pat Schwiebert and Chuck DeKlyen

Dangerous Journey: The Story of Pilgrim's Progress by Paul Bunyan, selected by Oliver Hunkin, illustrated by Alan Parry.

-Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to your comments and interactions! Join in the conversation.