"Outside a dog a book is man's best friend, inside a dog it is too dark to read!" -Groucho Marx========="The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid." -Jane Austen========="I don’t believe in the kind of magic in my books. But I do believe something very magical can happen when you read a good book."-JK Rowling========"I spend a lot of time reading." -Bill Gates=========“Ahhh. Bed, book, kitten, sandwich. All one needed in life, really.” -Jacqueline Kelly=========

Monday, May 2, 2022

TTT: One-Word Reviews


 

Top Ten Tuesday: One-Word Reviews for the Last Ten Books I've Read 

Note: April was National Poetry Month so many of my most recent reads are poetry books so I skipped over a few of them to retain your interest.


Good Enough: 40ish Devotionals for a Life of Imperfection
by Kate Bowler and Jessica Richie

INSPIRING

*****


 

A Horse and His Boy by C.S. Lewis

ADVENTURESOME

*****


 

The House in the Cerulean Sea by T.J. Klune

MAGICAL

*****


 

100 Poems to Break Your Heart by Edward Hirsch

HARD-WORK

*****


 

Home Body by Rupi Kaur

RELATABLE

*****


 

The Rain in Portugal: Poems by Billy Collins

WHIMSICAL

*****


 

The Pioneers: The Heroic Story of the Settlers Who Brought the American Ideal West by David McCullough

BORING

*****


 

The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett

NATURE-FULL

*****


 

Ten Poems for Difficult Times by Roger Housden

JUST-WHAT-I-NEEDED

***** 


 

The Woman They Could Not Silence: One Woman, Her Incredible Fight For Freedom, and the Men Who Tried to Make Her Disappear by Kate Moore

EYE-OPENING

*****


 

-Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to your comments and interactions! Join in the conversation.