Weather today: Beautiful. We just got back from a walk with the dog where I had to shed my jacket and my husband wore shorts We passed under a few flowering street trees (see photo in collage, upper right) that were alive with bees. Their buzzing was the happiest noise I've heard in a long time.
Our Saturday: See the above photo. We took a beautiful walk with the dog and then attended our grandson's first ever soccer match. Four-year-olds vs four-year-olds -- it was pretty funny. Ian was more interested in making friends than he was in kicking the ball.
Everyone Welcome: Our church members are working hard at being an open and welcoming church. Today we arrived to see new and very prominent signage.
- C. who lost her husband this week. He never woke up from a nap.
- J. who is having a lumpectomy tomorrow for breast cancer.
- B. who just learned that she needs to have heart surgery, again.
- S. who is going to have her sixth eye surgery soon.
- J. who is experiencing severe symptoms of an autoimmune disease.
- B. who had eye surgery for a detached retina -- may it hold!
- B. who is traveling to be with her family of origin after the death of a brother.
- Completed this week:
- The Pioneers by David McCullough. I finished this nonfiction book just hours before the book club where we were discussing it. It was informative but pretty dense. Read my review here.
- Home Body by Rupi Kaur. A poetry book that spoke to me as a woman. Lots about hurts inflicted on women but also about how we need to love ourselves.
- The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett. A Children's classic. I found the parental neglect a BIG problem. Review here.
- The Rain in Portugal by Billy Collins. Mostly fun and funny poems by a favorite poet.
- Currently reading:
- The House in the Cerulean Sea by T.J. Klune. A book club selection. 91% complete. Audio.
- 100 Poems to Break Your Heart by Edward Hirsch. A tome at over 500 pages and it looks like I will make it. 84%. Print.
- Good Enough by Kate Bowler. A Lenten devotional that I didn't complete by Easter but I am getting so much from it. 64% complete. Print.
Fred and George: Are being very artsy this week. They were so busy posing, they earned a collage.