"Outside a dog a book is man's best friend, inside a dog it is too dark to read!" -Groucho Marx========="The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid." -Jane Austen========="I don’t believe in the kind of magic in my books. But I do believe something very magical can happen when you read a good book."-JK Rowling========"I spend a lot of time reading." -Bill Gates=========“Ahhh. Bed, book, kitten, sandwich. All one needed in life, really.” -Jacqueline Kelly=========

Saturday, April 16, 2022

Sunday Salon --- Easter!!!

Easter 2019


 

Happy Easter!

I promise to keep this post short.

Weather:
The meteorologist promises that the weather will be fine Sunday, just in time for Easter Egg hunts. The weather all week has been cold and rainy. We even had snow one day. What a weird spring.
 
Family gathering:
After church we will host a meal and egg hunt for our family and for my cousin, his wife, and daughter and grandson. His son-in-law was killed last month in the line of duty as a Deputy Sheriff. We know it will be a tender time but we need to be together as a family during this time of deep grief.
 
 The photo (above):
Was taken at Easter three years ago when our now 4 1/2-year old grandson was just 1 1/2. Now his younger brother is that same age so we should have a pretty special day with the boys.

Books:
I finished two books this week, both poetry books:
1. Ten Poems for Difficult Times by Roger Housden--read my review here.
2. Patriarchy Blues by Rena Priest, the Washington State Poet Laureate.
 
I am working on five other books:
1. The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett. A classic for Classic Club Spin. 90% complete. Print.
2. The House in the Cerulean Sea by T.J. Klune. A book club selection. 47% complete. Audio.
3. The Pioneers by David McCullough. Another book club selection for my other club. Nonfiction. 70% complete. Audio and print.
4. Good Enough by Kate Bowler. A Lenten devotional that I won't complete by Easter (duh!) but will finish soon. 35% complete. Print.
5. 100 Poems to Break Your Heart by Edward Hirsch. This is a lot of heartbreak for one volume. I may decide to not finish this one. 60%. Print.

Funnies for the day:


 


 


 



Easter is all about hope. Hope for the future. Today we celebrate that hope.
 

-Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to your comments and interactions! Join in the conversation.