"Outside a dog a book is man's best friend, inside a dog it is too dark to read!" -Groucho Marx========="The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid." -Jane Austen========="I don’t believe in the kind of magic in my books. But I do believe something very magical can happen when you read a good book."-JK Rowling========"I spend a lot of time reading." -Bill Gates=========“Ahhh. Bed, book, kitten, sandwich. All one needed in life, really.” -Jacqueline Kelly=========

Monday, April 11, 2022

TTT: Authors I Haven't Read, But Want to


Top Ten Tuesday: Authors I Haven't Read, but I Want to Read Books by Them 

Looking over my TBR I find quite a few authors' books I 'should' have read by now. Here is my chance to name them and claim them.


Hilary Mantel
author of the Thomas Cromwell series which everyone has been talking about for years. I need to start with the first book in the series, Wolf Hall.

Emily Henry
I decided to add authors who have at least two titles on my TBR. Henry has two books on my list: Beach Reads and Book Lover.
 
John Boyne 
Author of a book I've long wanted to read The Boy in the Stripped Pajamas and one I've only recently learned about The Heart's Invisible Furies.

Isabel Wilkerson
I want to read this author's books, I've heard such good things about them. On the other hand they also sound depressing and that is not where I'm at these days. (The Warmth of Other Suns and Caste.)

Elizabeth Gaskell
A female author writing during what was considered the Victorian era, approximately the same time as the Bronte sisters. On my list to read of her work is Cranford and North and South.

Barbara Pym
I only recently have become aware of this author who wrote in the mid twentieth century. Her books Excellent Woman and Quartet in Autumn sound wonderful.

George Eliot
Her books Middlemarch and Silar Marner have long been on my TBR.

Alexandre Dumas
Okay, I confess it. I've never read either of his classics: The Count of Monte Cristo or The Three Musketeers. Gulp. 

Salman Rushdie
I vacillate between wanting to read his famous Satanic Verses or one of his many other titles, like Midnight's Children


-Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to your comments and interactions! Join in the conversation.