"Outside a dog a book is man's best friend, inside a dog it is too dark to read!" -Groucho Marx========="The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid." -Jane Austen========="I don’t believe in the kind of magic in my books. But I do believe something very magical can happen when you read a good book."-JK Rowling========"I spend a lot of time reading." -Bill Gates=========“Ahhh. Bed, book, kitten, sandwich. All one needed in life, really.” -Jacqueline Kelly=========

Monday, July 26, 2021

TTT: Good Books to Read AFTER a Favorite Book



Top Ten Tuesday: Good books to read AFTER completely a favorite or an excellent book.

Recently I finished two excellent books in a row. Both captured my imagination and I wanted to savor the stories before moving on to another book which would demand my attention. I found a little inspirational book that helped my transition and gave me space and time before moving on.

This is a list of books which have served this purpose, as transition books (far right). 




-Anne


12 comments:

  1. This is an excellent idea. I'm always looking for a lighter read after a heavier one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is such a good balance. Thanks for the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do the balance reading too, with upbeat books or poetry as transition books.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like how you did this TTT with contrasting books. I do find that once I finish a book I often look for something quite different for my next read.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like how you did this. Haven't read Name of the Rose but I did enjoy the movie version. It is nice to switch gears sometimes after reading a certain type of book.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love love love the idea here - something to avoid the reading hangover after that last great book won't let you go!
    This is my TTT list of books I'd want with me - although I found it impossible to keep it to ten and am itching to add others to it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Problems perfectly diagnosed and ideal prescription given.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah I love how you did this! Such a fun idea for a topic :)
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2021/07/27/top-ten-tuesday-326/

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a great topic idea! It's always so hard to find a book to read after some heavy and incredible reads.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love how you approached this week! I always find myself bouncing around genres and tones to keep my reading fresh.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A really great post, the books you've connected seem really interesting. And how you've paired them seem to make a lot of sense

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments and interactions! Join in the conversation.