Randy Rainbow makes light of this week's bad medical advice from the President:
Lonesome Dove: Since the beginning of the Stay-at-home order in our State I've been reading this classic Western Lonesome Dove by Larry McMurtry. I finished it this week and absolutely loved it. Read my review here.
- Are You There, God? It's Me, Margaret by Judy Blume. e-book, 33%.
- Hum If You Don't Know the Words by Bianca Marias, audiobook, 52%
- So Big by Edith Ferber. e-book, my Classics Club spin selction for the quarter
How to NOT Wear a Mask. (Do not wear it this way!)
Crazy week in the news. I am not even going to comment. Read the headlines, click on the hyperlinks if you want to read more.
- A spike in New Yorkers ingesting household cleaners following Trump’s controversial coronavirus comments (New York Daily News, April 24, 2020)
- Trump speech will require 1000 cadets to return to West Point amid coronavirus scare (New York Times, April 24, 2020)
- Young and middle-aged people, barely sick with covid-19, are dying of strokes (Washington Post, April 25, 2020)
- There is no anti-lockdown protest movement (Vox, April 22, 2020)
- Jay Inslee endorses Biden, citing private conversations on climate policy (New York Times, April 22, 2020) Good news!
- Covid-19 News: US not involved in global WHO plan to tackle pandemic (NewScientist, april 24, 2020)
- The Infection That is Silently Killing Coronavirus Patients. (New York Times, April 21)
I cried big crocodile tear when I watched this: A group of singers from all over the world sing Coldplay's song, "Fix You" and deliver such warm messages of hope and solidarity. Take the time to listen and watch!
Time for a little more coronavirus humor, to make things a little more bearable, right?
|You have to be familiar with the old Star Wars films to get this...|
|A new title for an old favorite book.|
|This seems like my life right now. How about you?|
|I think nothing says stupid like...|
|Whew. I was a little worried when I started reading this.|
Non Sequitur: 10 Types of Apple Varieties Thought to Be Extinct from Pioneer Days Found in the Northwest. Isn't that wildly fun, odd news?
On the TV, we've been watching: Absurd World; SNL at Home; Zoey's Playlist and we watched the 45 minute S.O.U.L. of the Nation Rally for Joe Biden. Watch it here. Since it is online there aren't a ton of boring speeches. If you are on the fence about Biden, I highly recommend that you watch this. He is such a likeable man.
And the required cat photo: