What is the spin?
It’s easy. Before next Sunday 19th April 2020, create a post that lists twenty books of your choice that remain “to be read” on your Classics Club list.
This is your Spin List.
You have to read one of these twenty books by the end of the spin period.
Try to challenge yourself. For example, you could list five Classics Club books you have been putting off, five you can’t WAIT to read, five you are neutral about, and five free choice (favorite author, re-reads, ancients, non-fiction, books in translation — whatever you choose.)
On Sunday 19th April, CC will post a number from 1 through 20. The challenge is to read whatever book falls under that number on your Spin List by 1st June, 2020.
Here is my list of twenty. All books are ones I own or was able to find a free e-book version of it, since my public library is closed due to the pandemic.
1. Anne of Avonlea by J.M. Montgomery
2. Christie by Catherine Marshall
3. Silas Marnar by George Eliot
4. The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes by Sir. Arthur Conan Doyle
5. Jungle Book by Rudyard Kipling
6. So Big by Edna Ferber
7. Adventures of Tom Sawyer by Mark Twain
8. Dune by Frank Herbert
9. Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte
10. One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest by Ken Kesey
11. Tinkers by Paul Harding
12. The Bridge of San Luis Rey by Thornton Wilder*
13. Are You There God? It's Me, Margaret by Judy Blume*
14. Breathing Lessons by Ann Tyler*
15. The Optimist's Daughter by Eudora Welty*
16. The Hours by Michael Cunningham*
17. Sonnets from the Portuguese by Elizabeth Barrett Browning
18. So Big by Edna Ferber (repeat)
19. Breathing Lessons by Ann Tyler (repeat)*
20. The Optimist's Daughter by Eudora Welty (repeat)*
Whenever I create these lists I am always aware of my choices and what I really want to read (So Big) and what I really don't want to read (Jungle Book). Several of the books, marked with * I was able to check out an e-book from the library. I wonder who many will be returned without being read?
I'll be back tomorrow to tell you the number that was spun. Join me?
Follow me below the line for the Spin number....
The spin number is ...
I'll be reading: So Big by Edna Ferber