"Outside a dog a book is man's best friend, inside a dog it is too dark to read!" -Groucho Marx========="The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid." -Jane Austen========="I don’t believe in the kind of magic in my books. But I do believe something very magical can happen when you read a good book."-JK Rowling========"I spend a lot of time reading." -Bill Gates=========“Ahhh. Bed, book, kitten, sandwich. All one needed in life, really.” -Jacqueline Kelly=========

Saturday, March 28, 2020

Puzzling Over the Answers---Play Along





























We just finished our third puzzle completed during this time of 'social distancing/stay at home order.' While working on it I puzzled over the answers to each 'book.' Below are my answers.
 
Play along with me. If you are on Facebook, Copy the list below and change answers for yourself. Post on your page or mine. Leave a note so I will visit your site to see your answers. Bloggers, just copy and paste, being sure to leave a comment below and link so I can find you.

  • Unforgettable Book: The Yearling by Marjorie Rawlings 
  • Book a Friend Gave Me: The Singer by Calvin Miller  
  • Book that Gives Me Happy Tears: Charlotte's Web by E.B. White 
  • Book I Read Again and Again: Persuasion by Jane Austen 
  • Book I'd Grab to Save From a Fire: My Bible 
  • Best Book I've Ever Read: To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee 
  • Childhood Favorite Book: Little Bear by Minarik, illustrated by Maurice Sendak 
  • Book That Makes Me Look Smart: How To Teach Your Children Shakespeare by Ken Ludwig
  • Book That Makes Me Laugh Out Loud: Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams 
  • Super Fantastic BookA Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao by Junot Diaz
  • Book I Never Finished: A Clockwork Orange by Anthony Burgess
-Anne

8 comments:

  1. A Clockwork Orange was intense, but I did finish it. However, there are so many others that I haven't even started that I feel I "should." We just tried to order a Liberty puzzle and they aren't taking orders while they try to fill all the ones they already have. I guess everyone is thinking the same thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should send you some of my puzzles. I have too many.

      Delete
  2. I would have to think long and hard before answering. I always have more than one that would fit. Which to choose? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun! And i like these picks. I have fond memories of Charlotte's Web from my childhood, and I still need to read Hitchhiker's Guide one of these days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this! I made my own as quickly as I could, trying not to overthink my answers. I will always remember reading Charlotte's Web in fifth grade, for about the twentieth time, and crying when Charlotte died for the first time. I was so confused--why was this having a different effect? I wonder now if I'd hit some developmental milestone around empathy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry, just trying to see if your site is eating my comments.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for starting this meme. I think I shall try it this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Doing puzzles, especially book puzzles, sounds like a good activity right now.

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments and interactions! Join in the conversation.