"Outside a dog a book is man's best friend, inside a dog it is too dark to read!" -Groucho Marx========="The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid." -Jane Austen========="I don’t believe in the kind of magic in my books. But I do believe something very magical can happen when you read a good book."-JK Rowling========"I spend a lot of time reading." -Bill Gates=========“Ahhh. Bed, book, kitten, sandwich. All one needed in life, really.” -Jacqueline Kelly=========

Friday, November 17, 2017

Classics Club Spin Number is ...

The 16th Classics Club Spin Number is...

4!

If you joined the game last week, find number 4 on your Spin List! That’s the title you are challenged to read by December 31, 2017
As always, the prize is the reading experience. 
My book is: My Brilliant Career by Miles Franklin.

Initial thoughts: About time! I've wanted to read this book since I saw the film back in the late 1970s. My mother thought I was like the main character: I guess because we both are headstrong with frizzy hair. 
What’s your #4 title? Are you glad, hesitant, excited about your title? Do tell!
Twitter hashtag: #ccspin

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Not too late. Make a list of 20 classics you want to read, write them in little pieces of paper...pull out 1-2-3-4...the 4th book is the one you'll read!

      Delete
  2. I don't think I've even heard of this one. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't heard of this one. My book is Martin Chuzzlewit and like you I saw an adaptation of this book - but mine was a TV series and was only 23 years ago. It's funny isn't it that we can get so keen to read a book and sometimes never get round to reading it. I hope you enjoy your book. (Margaret @ BooksPlease.)

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments and interactions! Join in the conversation.