"Outside a dog a book is man's best friend, inside a dog it is too dark to read!" -Groucho Marx========="The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid." -Jane Austen========="I don’t believe in the kind of magic in my books. But I do believe something very magical can happen when you read a good book."-JK Rowling========"I spend a lot of time reading." -Bill Gates=========“Ahhh. Bed, book, kitten, sandwich. All one needed in life, really.” -Jacqueline Kelly=========

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Lake Louise...Exquisite

Lake Minnewanka 
We are ending our Canadian vacation today after a one night stay at Lake Louise, the prettiest spot on earth.

Don built this Inukshuk to commemorate our presence this day. 

We took about a million pictures and I'm sure that none of them will even do a bit of justice to the gorgeous setting but here they are.
Herd of bighorn ewes and calves

I love Canada and I love Canadians!  For all my blog readers to the north, take note!  You are a special people and have an extraordinary country. Your national park system is superb. The scenery is some of the best in the world. And your restaurants and service are excellent.  Last night we had tapas at the lounge here at the Fairmont Hotel at Lake Louise...salmon and crab rolls; lamb meatballs; and expensive drinks. Everything was top-notch. We've taken lovely hikes, even encountering a baby bear, which freaked us out because we wondered where mama bear was. We interacted with a herd of bighorn sheep. Lovely. Lovely. Lovely.  If I have one small criticism, however, I might mention the MOSQUITOES. We started with some "good-for-you" bug spray to keep them away and ended up purchasing the strongest stuff available with 25% Deet. One hike we went on we probably got double the amount of exercise due to all the slapping and dancing about trying to avoid those dive-bombing, blood-sucking fiends. Small inconvenience to pay for all this beauty.
Lake Louise taken in the early morning during our hike.
We have to leave th room and check out now.  On the road again today!  Bye!

Be sure to sign up for my giveaway.  But you'll have to go back a few posts to find the sign up!


2 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I love traveling so much - but this summer it's not happening :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had a nice time in Banff and Lake Louise. I have lived in Alberta about 5 years now and indeed the Canadian Rockies are gorgeous. We go hiking and biking in the mountains often. Kelowna, BC is also a nice area and check out Penticton too -- when you are back next time. You picked great spots for a vacation!

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments and interactions! Join in the conversation.