"Outside a dog a book is man's best friend, inside a dog it is too dark to read!" -Groucho Marx========="The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid." -Jane Austen========="I don’t believe in the kind of magic in my books. But I do believe something very magical can happen when you read a good book."-JK Rowling========"I spend a lot of time reading." -Bill Gates=========“Ahhh. Bed, book, kitten, sandwich. All one needed in life, really.” -Jacqueline Kelly=========

Sunday, June 2, 2013

Boston Globe-Horn Book Awards Announced

The 2013 Boston Globe-Horn Book Awards for Excellence in Children's Literature were announced on Friday, May 31, 2013.

The Fiction Award Winner is Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell!


Honors go to Seraphina by Rachel Hartman  


and A Corner of White by Jaclyn Moriarty

As you may know I am a huge fan of both Eleanor and Park and Seraphina. A Corner of White recently came to my attention but now I will have to run down a copy and read it for myself.

Unlike the American Library Association book awards which are announced in January and cover books published during a calendar year, Boston Globe-Horn Book Awards cover books published during a given school year. That is how Seraphina, published in July 2012, and the other two books, published in 2013, end up being considered for the same award.

For summaries of the books follow the link to the Boston Globe-Horn Book Announcement.

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to read Eleanor and Park! Heard so many good things about it, including from you.

    Glad to see it won an award.

    Sue

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments and interactions! Join in the conversation.